Friday, February 22, 2013

Birthday Bliss

I am a big fan of birthdays.

Instead of a birthDAY, I like to celebrate the entire week. I mean, why not?! It's a fabulous excuse to get sweets for a whole week. Sign me up!

Well, as you have probably already guessed, this past week was my birthday.

Cookie Cake loaded with icing-- heavenly!

My sweet brother started the week off by driving to our house to spend the day with us. It was loads of fun. Lee and I took him up to a little quaint pizza parlor about 30 minutes from us. {country living remember?} and then did a little sight-seeing around the Lake. It was a very peaceful and relaxing day. Just what the doctor ordered!

In the meantime, my brother knows better than to show up for a birthday celebration without a gift. And I must say, he did very well this year! {Although I'm quite certain our mother helped him out on this one}

MacKenzie Childs Candlesticks

This year, my birthday week was filled with lots of snow & ice. Roughly translated, my husband was home significantly more than usual. Best birthday gift of all! We love snow days!

Our backyard

And we finished out the week with a family birthday dinner in the City. I am truly blessed to have such a sweet and loving family. I wouldn't trade them for the world!

One of my favorite family pictures from NYC last month

I hope you all stayed nice and toasty through the winter weather.

Now lets bring on Springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail