Thursday, April 26, 2012

1 Year Anniversary

I cannot believe my husband and I are approaching our FIRST anniversary! It's crazy to think about how fast this year has gone by. So many memories and lessons learned over the past year. We are no longer considered "newlyweds," but rather "old married people." Oh how things have changed, yet I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. I am blessed beyond measure to be married to such a kind, generous, and loving man. And it totally helps that he's absolutely adorable as well. ;-) The Lord truly knew what He was doing when he put an Oklahoma Country Boy with this City Girl (and I must admit, God truly has displays His great sense of humor through us on a daily basis). So as we approach our first anniversary, I wanted to leave you with some a few of my favorite pictures from our wedding. Enjoy!

 Getting ready with my baby cousin

The Gentlemen
and the Ladies













Sibling Love
 Lee's cousin was our ring bearer and boy did he blush when I kissed him!
 The flower girls 

 My oh so precious Mother (you can't tell we're related at all)

 Our Wedding Cake under a Live Floral Chandelier 


 Lee's groom cake playing John Wayne movies all evening
After our toast




Grandma Blankenship caught my bouquet!
 


Newlyweds Dancing

 At the reception

A little touch of our engagement at the reception





 The tent outside

 What kind of gathering would this be if we didn't have a Colip family picture?!
"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives you a fairytale."

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Sure doesn't seem like a year. I remember such a beautiful wedding! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things I learned about you today:
    1. I didn't know you had a blog!! I'm so excited!
    2. I didn't realize you guys were "newlyweds" too... I just assumed you'd be married for a couple of years (I live under the false assumption that I am the only person that got married in 2012 for some reason) Happy Anniversary!!
    3. Oh heavens, you can throw a pretty party! I LOVED your wedding pictures - those hydrangeas were a-mazing and I loved the white tent with the pop of red and Lee's cake was adorable and your dress!! I could go on for days...
    4. I'm pretty sure we are destined to be friends! A girl that loves God, her husband, football, cooking and pretty parties... What more could I possibly ask for?! (Well, shopping, but I feel pretty confident by your adorable dry erase board that you're good at that too!)

    Wishing you a fun filled anniversary! ~Raegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raegan:

      1. Yes, I love to blog! The only problem is that I am terrible at finding time to keeping up with it. (Hence why I only update every few months or so)

      2. Haha! Yes, we are "newlyweds." =) It's exciting to meet others who are at the same point in their lives as well. Before you know it you'll be celebrating your first anniversary too!

      3. Thank you so much for your sweet words! The wedding was a ton of fun! And most importantly we made a lot of great memories. However, I still am SO thankful I had wedding planners. None of it would have turned out as fabulous without them (especially considering I'm still a full-time student).

      4. Yes, I completely agree! Your mother has been telling me this for some time now and I am beginning to see why. Oh and rest assured, a love and passion for shopping is definitely not an issue. Lol. I keep trying to convince Lee that it's therapeutic! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail