Thursday, February 5, 2015

Cole's Birth Story

On the cold morning of December 27, 2014, Lee and I headed into the hospital to meet our little baby boy, Cole.

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30am.


We signed in and got settled. I was being induced so the petocin drip started at 6:30am. Dr Wood came in at 8:40am and broke my water. The labor process was officially in full force. 

Cole wasn't very cooperative for the first 9 hours. Every time I had a strong contraction, his heart rate dropped. The nurses became concerned and kept calling Dr Wood frequently. He kept having them move me regularly and came in to check on me about every hour. Our nurse kept talking to me about emergency c-sections and what all was involved. I could tell she thought I would end up needing an emergency c-section, but I was determined to have Cole naturally. 


Finally, at 8PM Cole had moved down far enough for me to start pushing. It was the LONGEST two hours of my life. Finally after 14 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing, our precious little boy was here! Cole Anthony was born at 10:02PM. He barely cried when he came out, which scared this momma, but he was perfectly fine! Just a tough little guy from the beginning. 








After he was all cleaned up the grandparents came in to meet our little guy. 





We are so grateful for a healthy baby boy!  Praise the Lord!



And after two nights, it was time to head home! Cole was smiling as we packed our bags and got him ready to leave.



After Lee pulled my car up to the hospital door, my battery died. Of course. So thankfully Cole's Nana and Papa switched us cars and got ours up and working while we drove our little man home in their car. Thanks Nana and Papa! We love you!!


Cole's 4 day doctors appointment came quickly. He obviously remembered that his pediatrician was the same man who had circumcised him two days earlier because he decided to poop not only on their scale as he was being weighed, but also popped on their exam table. Oh little Cole, you always keep us guessing. 

His appointment went well and we headed back to Nana and Papa's house to spend more time with family over the holidays. 



The week following Cole's arrival was the fastest week of our lives. Although Lee & I were both completely sleep deprived, we somehow managed to keep waking up and taking care of our little man at the jump of a hat. 

We love you, little Cole! 
The Lord blessed us beyond words the day He gave you to us.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail