Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Mind is a Battlefield

So many times lately I have noticed the younger generation getting overlooked by the majority of adults. Their stress is "insignificant" in the eyes of the elder generations. Their feelings unfounded and they are immediately labeled as emotional and irrational.

This is the farthest thing from the truth.

No matter your age, your feelings are real to YOU. Many forget that even though it may seem insignificant comparatively speaking- it's still just as real to the person facing the giant in their life.

I am overwhelmed with saddness this week after hearing of two young people committing suicide within my state. One of which, in the same town that my husband and I currently reside.

I can't even imagine the pain their families are having to face as they wake up to a scary reality that their baby is no longer at the dinner table or bringing them a precious painting home from school.

My mind keeps asking the question "Why?"

What was so significant in these children's lives that seemed so unbearable that they didn't see a reason to live?

Why did no one notice their pain?


How did something so permanent plague such an innocent child at such a young age?


I can't seem to wrap my mind around all of the questions that arise.

The mind is the a constant battlefield. Too many times, the mind becomes a playground for evil.

I pray the Lord opens my eyes to those around me and their pain. I pray He allows me to be so selfless that His light shines through on a daily basis. I pray that through me, children's lives can be changed for the better. That at the end of the day, another individual chooses to live, instead of falling prey to Satan's tactics. I pray the Lord protects these children in a way that no one else can.

At the end of the day, all I can do is pray... pray... pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail