Monday, February 24, 2014

Girly Birthday Cookies

Over the last several months, I have been in charge of the Athletic Department's hospitality room at every home basketball game. I have had so much fun cooking and decorating for our coaching staff, administration and school board members. Although a little overwhelming at times, it is a nice change up from the football field.

This past weekend was the District Tournament for Basketball and I recruited my mother to come help me cook. She graciously agreed and when she showed up at my house, she had birthday cookies in tow! Woo!!

My husband was gone at a football coaches clinic all weekend so friday night was a girls night at our house. Mom, a dear friend and fellow coach's wife, Jade, and myself had dinner out and then came back for some birthday cookie decorating. They weren't perfect as the icing was a little persnickety due to the humidity {or rather lack of} in my house. Baking is more of an art rather than a science... and now next time I know to factor in the humidity into my icing recipe.

Here is a look at the cookies I decorated...



Love Jade's Blue dress!

I loved our girls night and look forward to many more!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail