Sunday, February 23, 2014

Another Year Down

I can't believe another year has come and gone... pretty soon I'm going to stop celebrating birthdays and stay the same age. That's acceptable, right?!

Birthdays around our house are never forgotten! And this year was no exception.. my husband just might be awarded the sweetest husband award... 

He started working on my birthday present last FALL! Yes, you read that correctly... 4 months before my birthday month even came... he was already on the ball with getting me the perfect present. 

Last football season, a mom of one of our players had the most adorable hand-stitched Beggs Demon quilt. It was not only gorgeous but so warm!! And those of you who share in the friday night light experience with me in Oklahoma, you know how important warmth is once the playoffs arrive! This past year we had one game that I seriously thought my feet might not regain feeling... ever again. Thankful that was not the case.

Anywho, Lee remembered how much I loved the mother's quilt and went about finding how to have one made specifically for me. The grandmother of this same player gracious made me a gorgeous spirit filled quilt. 

Hand-made quilting is a dying art and I am SO excited to be able to have one of my own to pass down for generations.

This beauty will most definitely be frequently visiting baseball and football games!

That night, Lee took me out to my favorite restaurant and a movie. We had a fun date night and a great ending to a special birthday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail