Monday, February 17, 2014

Fettuccine Alfredo

When Lee and I got married, my grandmother hand wrote an entire cookbook for me filled with all of her favorite family recipes throughout the years along with a few recipes from her dear friends. The sweetest shower gift any grandmother could give their granddaughter! I cherish and love my cookbook and use it oh so often.


There are so many recipes inside that I haven't even cracked the lid on all the wonderful goodness that it holds. 

My grandmother filled the empty pages with her favorite scriptures. =)

Last week however, I tried a Fettuccine Alfredo recipe that my grandmother had received from her hairdresser way back in the day... {I love all of her little notes at the bottom of the cookbook... something to treasure for generations!}

A little bit of our engagement story inside the cookbook

I was skeptical of the recipe, because it seemed too easy to be so good... So the doubting Thomas in me also grabbed a bottle of alfredo sauce at the grocery store just in case; however, that bottle is stored away in the pantry for all time! This recipe is TO DIE FOR!!!! Seriously, if you love alfredo sauce, this is for you! My husband thinks this recipe is better than any restaurant alfredo sauce... and thats saying something!


So lets get to the nitty-gritty and see how to make this heavenly sauce...

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
8oz cream cheese
3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of milk (or as needed)
Pasta
Grilled Chicken (optional)
Garlic Salt & Pepper to taste

Instructions:
Melt butter & cream cheese together. Add 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese (freshly grated is best). Add 1/2 cup of milk (or as much as needed to achieve the desired consistency). Blend well and stir over medium heat until all ingredients have melted together. Pour over your cooked pasta of choice.

**I recommend doubling the sauce recipe if you are making this as an entree instead of a side dish.


Now sit back, turn on some of your favorite Dean Martin music, and enjoy a delicious Italian dinner in the comfort of your own home. Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail