Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kisses for Fall

Have you all seen these crazy new Pumpkin Spice “kisses” from Hershey’s at the grocery store? They are beyond fantastic! The trick is not eating them all before you bake with them--my problem. 

I found this recipe on Pinterest and was worried that I wouldn't be able to find the Pumpkin Spice "kisses" at my local grocery store out here in the country; however, to my surprise they had a whole shelf full of them! It was heavenly! So I grabbed a few bags and off I went to begin baking my new favorite fall cookie. 


If you like pumpkin spice and chocolate this cookie is a must! I sent them with my husband to one of his coaches meetings and the tray was apparently empty within a matter of minutes. 



Pumpkin Spice Blossoms
1 Spice Cake Mix 18.25 oz.
14 oz. can Libby’s Pumpkin
½ Cup sanding sugar
1 bag Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the cake mix and pumpkin until well combined, about 45 seconds.

With a cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll top half in sanding sugar--dough is sticky. Once the balls have been coated in sanding sugar, then place them onto a parchment or silpat (my favorite!) lined baking sheet. (Side note: I did not have access to sanding sugar when I made this batch of cookies; therefore I simply sprinkled regular sugar over the top of each ball on the baking sheet. It didn't bring quite the pretty presentation, but still allowed for a slight visual difference.) 

Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cooked through. 

While the cookies are baking, unwrap your "kisses" so they are ready to be pressed into the warm cookies as soon as they are removed from the oven.

Quickly transfer to a cooling rack and immediately press kisses into the center of each cookie. 

I immediately place cooling rack into the fridge for 15 minutes so the kisses don’t melt. (Be careful putting the warm tray directly onto your glass fridge shelf, if the tray is too warm it could crack your glass--hence why the cooling tray is still needed in the fridge). If you do not put the cookies in the fridge, the kisses will melt down and not keep their shape. 

Once your cookies have cooled, they are ready to be served! I am willing to say you won't be able to eat just one. They are scrumptious!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail