Friday, September 14, 2012

Famous Fajitas

Ever since I was in high school, fajitas were my specialty. Actually, now that I think about it-- it might be the first "meal" I made completely on my own when I was young. Needless to say, we love fajitas around our house!

Fajitas can be made in so many different fashions; however, I have always returned to my original recipe.

Here's what you will need:
Chicken (frozen or raw--works well either way)
Yellow Bell Pepper
Red Bell Pepper
Green Bell Pepper
Onion
Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
Fajita Seasoning
Natures Seasoning
Tortillas
Cheese (optional) 
Sour Cream (optional)
Salsa (optional)

Start off by placing about a tablespoon of oil in the bottom of your skillet. Turn the heat up and place your chicken on the stove. I used frozen fajita chicken tonight; however, sliced raw chicken works wonderfully as well. Stir frequently.

While the chicken is cooking, take your chopped vegetables and place them into another skillet and sauté them in butter.

I prefer to use garlic herb butter, but the only store that I have found that sells it is Central Market in Dallas. It is divine! I buy it in bulk when we go to Dallas. 


Once the vegetables and the chicken are both cooked thoroughly, combine the vegetables into the chicken dish. Sprinkle Natures Seasoning, Mrs. Dash's Original Seasoning, and your favorite fajita seasoning onto the new mixture. I am horrible about measuring my ingredients on recipes I make frequently; but if I had to guess, I would say about a tablespoon of each would suffice. Let them simmer together for about 10 minutes.
(I was out of fajita seasoning, so I substituted Tony Chachere's--my husband puts that stuff on EVERYTHING...literally.)

Once the vegetables and chicken have simmered together for about 10 minutes--Voila! Fajita's are served. Top with some cheese, sour cream, and salsa and your family will not be disappointed.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail