Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Don't Trust Google

So today, while my husband was graciously taking care of the workers we had at the house, I snuck away for a quick manicure. My husband and I have been invited to an event this weekend and I wanted to make sure I was looking my best.

So after a quick google search, I headed towards what was supposed to be a top rated nail salon in southern Tulsa.

I have only been a client of two different nails ladies. Ever. In my entire life. So this was quite the adventure for me. But with google by my side I thought surely everything would go smoothly.

Boy was I WRONG.

Now I remember why I drove home from college to get my nails done. Why I drove from our last home  back to my hometown to get my nails done. There is just something about the sweet lady back in my hometown and her precious, thin, real-looking nails that I will never be able to get over.

My husband is just as much of a fan of my beloved, thin nails as I am. We have a deal-- I get nails, he gets nightly back scratches. It's perfect! Until now... until I ventured away from my beloved nail lady.

After an hour of painful drills, bleeding cuticles and getting completely ripped off with a price gauge, I headed out. My nails were at least 4 times as thick as my beloved, thin nails. They were pretty from the top, but the minute I turned my hand over things changed.

At first I thought I might have been slightly over-reacting. Maybe I'm just stuck in my ways? Maybe I just need to chill, it's just nails, right?

WRONG.

I walked in the front door to our house and my husband looked down, before I ever said a word and his response was "Wowza! Who did that?!".... not something you want to hear.

So I quickly called my faithful nail lady in my hometown and begged her to squeeze me in before the event this weekend. No amount of driving time can compare to thin, real-looking/feeling nails.

Lesson for the day: Don't trust Google.

So ladies in the Tulsa area, I need advice on a good nail salon?! If you have a favorite, shoot it my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail