Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy Birthday, Miss Ellie Mae!

Today our little fur-ball turns 3!
Ellie loves the fall too =)
I began the search for the perfect hunting dog for a christmas present to Lee in the fall of 2010. Being the thorough researcher that my mother raised me to be, I discovered a type of Golden Retrievers called English Cream. As if finding a well bred Golden Retriever wasn't hard enough, I added another factor to the mix.
Ellie's biological family
After being put on wait-list after wait-list from breeders across the country, I finally found a breeder not far from where I was currently located who still had puppies available!  I was ecstatic! I was first on her list for her future liter and thus was able to take the first pick of the liter. 
Click Here to Visit Heart of Gold Retrievers
[I would HIGHLY recommend this breeder to anyone in search of a well bred Golden. They will not disappoint.]


After multiple trips and lots of play time with the puppies, I finally selected Miss Ellie Mae (whom I named Bella for weeks until Lee changed her name to Ellie after receiving her--poor dog had an identity crisis) 
The day we brought Miss Ellie Mae home
Although Ellie is highly capable, comes from a topnotch lineage and is incredibly intelligent, her momma has spoiled her too much and thus she isn't so intrigued with putting a dead duck in her mouth. She's smart enough to realize that requires getting out of her bed WAY too early on Saturdays and having to swim in ice cold dirty water. Oops! Sorry Dad, maybe next time you'll get your hunting dog. Ha!


It's been so fun to see her change from her puppy stage to her adult personality. Ellie Mae is definitely part of our family and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Birthday, Miss Ellie Mae! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail