Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Jewelry of a House

My mother has always told me that the light fixtures in one's house is the "jewelry of their home." Now that I have a home of my own, I finally understand what she meant.

Lighting changes EVERYTHING. Lighting can either distract or enhance. It can change the entire tone of a room and ultimately, your home.

As the remodel of our new home is well under way, I have given a significant amount of time and attention to my lighting.

This past weekend, my oh so handy husband, father & brother installed several can lights throughout the house: living room, breakfast room, master bedroom, etc. I'm a big fan of can lights! They're timeless and easy to install. Who could ask for more?
Can light installation in the master bedroom.
In addition, I've replaced the chandeliers in the dinning room and the entry way. Although the chandeliers won't be permanently installed until all the painting and flooring is complete, I just had to get a glimpse of what it the finished product will look like. So my gracious father installed the entry chandelier for me this weekend! I was SO excited!! It turned out even better than expected! Although it had to come back down before we left, I did get to enjoy looking at this beauty while working in the house this weekend.
A glimpse at the entry chandelier. [Flooring and wall color to change] 
Earlier in the week I was able to pick out on several slabs of granite for the kitchen countertops. I have been on the hunt for a marble like granite, which is NOT an easy task! I did not want marble because of the intense amount of maintenance at a steep price-tag. I narrowed down the colors I liked and then began the dreaded search of hunting them down. The granite yard I had been frequently visiting called me saying the slabs of Super White Quartzite had just arrived and whomever came first was able to get the first pick of the slabs-- and of course I had a calculus exam 3 hours away that day... So my mother & brother drove across the state and picked out the slabs for me. I am truly blessed with the sweetest family!
One of my slabs of Super White Quartzite
And again, Super White Quartzite
So much has been happening over the past few weeks-- the Lord has truly showed His favor upon us. I am beyond grateful for the simple daily reminders (and sometimes hourly reminders) of just HOW MUCH God truly loves me! So often I get so wrapped up in the every day routine that I forget just HOW BIG and MIGHTY my God is!! This semester He has slowed me down and brought me to my knees as numerous times the only way I could stand was through His grace. He's holding my hand and guiding me through every turn, every choice, and every day. May I never forget what HE has shown me these past few weeks/months.

P.S.- We sold house #1 this week! YIPPEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail