Tuesday, April 30, 2013

More Than the Ewy-Gooey

Today marks the second anniversary of the day I said "I do" to my best friend. I can't believe how FAST time has gone past... I wouldn't trade even one day of the past two years for anything! My husband is much more than just a spouse, he is my spiritual leader, provider, companion, my best friend. He makes me laugh every day and wipes away my tears on the painful ones. He never lets a day go past without telling me just how much I mean to him. He loves me for me. 
Finally Mr & Mrs
At Our Reception
Over the past two years, may obstacles have been thrown our way. Through the challenges, we've grown closer together. Our three stranded cord is ever growing stronger. It's only through the fire that precious metal can be refined. Although the world around us may be spinning out of control, I know one thing is constant-- the Lord will never leave us nor forsake us. For He has called us for a reason and although life may not always make sense to us, it is always clear in His eyes. 
One of our Engagement Pictures
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

On our Honeymoon in Maui
The Lord has brought us so far in just two years. We've moved twice and are preparing for a third move. I've learned what being a coaches wife is really all about-- the movies don't even begin to show a glimpse! I've learned how to become a "country girl" instead of my instinctive city roots. I've made hundreds of shakers for dozens of football games. I've learned how to love people despite their actions. I've learned to have selective hearing in the stands on friday nights. Ha! But most of all, the Lord is teaching me to see things through His eyes. To trust Him in all circumstances. To relinquish my controlling instinct into His ever-loving hands. 
Central Park
"But you are a chosen race, A royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9
District Champs!
So here's to two of the most amazing years of our lives. May the Lord use us in the next few years to spread His Light to an uprising generation that is in desperate need of His love. 

"I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." Psalms 27:13

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary sweet friends! I had no idea April 30th was your special day - I was in TWO weddings that day, obviously a great day to get married!! Beautiful pictures, precious couple - so happy you found each other! Be blessed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail