Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Operation Remodel Has Commenced

This past couple weekends my husband and I, along with my oh so loving family (whom I begged to come join in on the "fun") began remodeling our new home.

For the most part everything is staying the same-- just giving it a little facelift before we make the big move.
Oh the details!
I was pleasantly surprised by how much we got accomplished in just a few days!

First on the list-- wallpaper removal! {For the record: I despise wallpaper!}
Now this, my friends, is true love.
While a few of us were tackling the wallpaper, my brother went to work on removing the mantle. Whomever built the original mantle had quite an imagination.
And finally, the part the guys were looking forward to the most-- deconstruction!

In addition to refinishing the cabinets, we have decided to change up the layout and the detail work in the kitchen a bit. So the guys got to work on removing what we can before the construction begins.

The guys left their mark on the kitchen.. and it's wall. Note the plaster repair.  :)
Throughout the week, I took a quick trip up to Northwest Arkansas to look for lighting. I was very pleased at what I was able to find in just one trip. I'm eager to get them installed!
Although we still have a LONG way to go-- I'm looking forward to waking up to see the Lord's beautiful countryside every morning.

2 comments:

  1. My mom informed me this morning you guys sold House #1! YAYYYYY! I get so excited hearing about all the remodel stuff - I love a project (Probably because dad and his crew handle all the hard stuff). I am so thrilled for you guys and your new adventure. Miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl!! Yes, we did sell house #1! PRAISE THE LORD!! Stress level went down a little that day. Ha! Once all the remodeling is done and we've moved- you'll have to stop by on your way back home one weekend. Miss you too!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail