Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Spices Galore

Over the past several months, my mother has been on a mission to better organize her spice cabinet. She searched and searched for the perfect jars and way to label each. After looking, and looking, and looking some more... She finally settled on these beauties.
I must say, I was impressed with how great her spice cabinet has turned out! I love being able to see the spices through the jars, and how it adds so much color and texture. 

I have always been jealous of my mom's spice cabinet because it is so practical! It is located in her island next to her stove top. It rolls in-and-out to allow easy access to your spices while cooking. Genius, if you ask me! 

The jars were purchased from Crate & Barrel. They are glass and specifically made to store spices and herbs.


My mom chose to use a lady off of Etsy to make customized labels for each jar. Mom chose to use Vinyl Decals instead of the typical stickers. Thus, the jars look as if they were created by a professional, not put together at home. It's lovely!


Tara from MustardSeedDream did a fabulous job! I would highly recommend her to anyone. She was easy to work with and customized the labels with the font mom had chosen.



Mom also chose to get labels for her pantry canisters as well. Therefore, everything matches. Ever since she was "blessed" (rather, cursed) with pantry moths last year, she only uses OXO containers in her pantry. She chose these containers because they are air-tight and nothing can get in, or out, of the container once sealed.








Here's an overview of the pantry now: 


I love the Depressed Glass that was my Great Grandmothers that is displayed at the top of mom's pantry. Adds a touch of color and a great deal of sentimental value to the pantry.

I have now found my next project for my house. How fabulous to have everything matching and so easily accessible/recognizable. It's like a dream come true! I truly love what mom has done to her pantry and spice cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail