Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

I can't help but think just how blessed I am this Mother's Day. God has blessed me beyond measure by giving me the mother that He did. She is not only my mom, but one of my very best friends. 
Doing what we do best-Shopping in Maui!
There are not enough adjectives to describe my mom. She is the most caring, kind-hearted, giving, patient, loving, sacrificing, hard-working woman I have ever met 
{although I am quite partial =)}
Mom and I at one of my many wedding dress fittings in Dallas
She is constantly putting her family first. She is a prayer warrior for my brother and I. 
My wonderful family on the fabulous Kaanapali Beach {aka Heaven}
She loves the Lord with every fiber of her being and is not ashamed to make that known to the world. She is a rock in our family and the one we all run to in times of need. My mom is the kind that will drive two hours just to bring me {adorable} cookies after a long, hard day. My mom will bear my joy and pain and walk through the circumstance along beside me. Words can not express how much my mother means to me. 
On top of Haleakala at Sunset
So Mom, Happy Mother's Day! Here is a poem I found that reminded me so much of you.
I love you oh so very much!


A Mother's Love

"There are times when only a mother's love
Can understand our tears
Can soothe our disappoints
And calm all of our fears

There are times when only a mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real

There are times when only a mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day

For a mother's heart and a mother's faith
And a mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the angels
And sent from God above."

-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail