Monday, September 1, 2014

Decaf Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. And with the fall, comes it's delicious drinks. This year, I've had to put a spin on some of my favorites, including the Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte.

Although I am not solely against caffeine while pregnant, I have avoided it unless absolutely necessary. There has only be a couple of times where I've had to take a small dose of caffeine, but for the most part I've steered clear. So as the fall came, I knew I had to find a recipe for my favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte that was caffeine free! 

After searching all over the internet for recipes to alter, I finally combined a few and found my own. To my surprise, it might be my new favorite fall drink! 

If you're like me and craving a fall drink without the caffeine, try this! It's simple and easy to make in the luxury of your own home. 


Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte
4 oz water
1 tea bag of decaf black tea (or chai if you'd prefer)
2/3 cup milk
1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
¼ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup pumpkin puree
¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
Boil your water. (Or if you're like me, grab 4oz of water out of your keurig already piping hot with half the time)
Pour into cup/mug and steep your tea bag for 5 or so minutes.
Remove tea bag.
Add remaining ingredients and blend using your blender.
Taste and adjust maple syrup and spices to your liking.
If it’s not hot enough, simply pour into a pot and heat over medium heat until steaming (Or pop it in the microwave for 40 seconds and you're ready to roll).
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. I have a feeling I will be making many of these in the weeks to come. 
Wishing you all a happy fall!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail