Monday, October 7, 2013

Our Story: Part 3

I absolutely loved wedding plans. The options numerous and the possibilities endless. Thankfully our families were from the same area and not much travel was needed to get everyone there for the big day.

My brother was away at Medical School and we were adamant that he be there for our special day. He had three dates that he would be able to come home... so we quickly decided and the date was set. 

Eleven months later... we were MARRIED! 

Lee & I on the church steps after the ceremony

Our wedding cake under a live floral chandelier



 April 30, 2011 was a night we will never forget. So much fun and laughter. We wouldn't trade the memories we made with our family and friends for anything.

We had to postpone our honeymoon trip because spring football was in full swing and finals were upon me at the University of Arkansas.

Our first few months of marriage were CRAZY BUSY to say the least.

Lee had accepted his first head coaching position. We were packing up my apartment, his rental house and moving everything to our new home in Gore, Oklahoma. But that wasn't the extent of the craziness. On top of it all, we decided to remodel our new home in Gore before we moved in. Mass chaos describes that summer perfectly.
When we won our first District Championship (excuse the blurry photo)
After serving the Lord for two years in Gore, Lee and I felt the Lord leading us to a new town. In January of 2013, Lee accepted the Head Coaching position in Beggs, Oklahoma. 

We were nervous and excited all at the same time. We knew the Lord had lead us here and were certain it was where He wanted us to be. 

You know you are walking in the Lord's will and direction when everything falls into place perfectly. There were so many miracles (yes, true miracles) that happened in the Spring of 2013 with Lee and I. Everything from finding a home, to my graduation from the University of Arkansas. That semester is one I will always credit to the Lord. He taught me so many things in those short few months that I pray I will never forget. My God is truly good ALL the time.
Lee coaching the Beggs Demons to another Victory in the fall of 2013
We have finally finished remodeling our second home (yes, we ventured into another remodel despite the chaos it brought two years earlier) and couldn't feel more at home than we do here in Beggs. Having grown up in a city, I never understood the small community environment as well as I do now. I love being a part of a town that genuinely cares for one another. I am proud and excited to see what the Lord does in the years to come here in Beggs. 


The Lord's plans have only begun to unfold for this country boy and city girl. May the Lord shine His light through us to a generation in need of His Truth. 

Living our lives 100 yards of love at a time,

3 comments:

  1. I finally found the new blog!! Love the new look! It makes my heart happy to know you and Lee are being loved on by the sweet people in Beggs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Apparently mom forgot to log out of her gmail account on my computer - this is Raegan! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no problem. And thank you! Send our love to that precious baby of yours!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a blessed day!
XO, Abigail